14 November 2011

Austin

I went to Austin a couple of weeks ago to visit some friends and have a mini reunion with a bike team I was on a few years ago.

We had an alumni tailgate while watching the Longhorns beat Texas Tech. We had some breakfast tacos, breakfast beers, and camaraderie, and we got some good group photos.



Then I met up with some friends at the Jester King Brewery. It's out in the hill country a bit, but it's totally worth the drive. Beautiful brewery (looks like an old farmhouse) and delicious, wonderful beer. Their Wytchmaker Rye India Pale Ale was my favorite.




Then, we went out to the Salt Lick, which is renowned in these parts for their fantastic barbecue. They have expanded since I've been there last, which may or may not be a good thing, but they still make a damn good plate of barbecue.


All in all, a fantastic weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing these folks again this weekend for the Renaissance Festival. Who doesn't love dressing up in ridiculous costumes, drinking beer, and walking around all day checking out the other ridiculous costumes, awesome music, and jousting??